Simple Chicken Nuggets
boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
fat free Italian dressing
crushed low fat saltines
Dip chicken pieces in Italian dressing, then dredge in cracker crumbs. Place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
I made up a pretty big batch and had some right away. They are very yummy with a hint of Italian dressing and the crackers are crispy. I packaged the rest up in serving-sized Ziploc bags for my lunches and suppers and tossed them in the freezer.
In true "Pamm fashion", I reheat by tossing them frozen in my mini crock pot first thing in the morning. By lunch time, they're defrosted and heated through. It's amazing that the crackers stay on the crispy side.
This was a test run, and I will be making a batch for the toddler lunches soon. I'm using up a bag of prepackaged chicken nuggets for them first.
This post is being linked to:
- Frugal Friday at Life As Mom
- Food On Fridays at Ann Kroeker’s
- Family Recipe Fridays at Vanderbilt Wife
- Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
- Friday Feasts at Mom Trends
- Foodie Friday at Designs By Gollum
- Freezer Food Friday at What A Crock!
- Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As A Mom
- Simply Made Sunday at Our Homeschool Fun